Skip to main content

Heroic Journey

Oh, The hero's journey a concept I have engraved in my brain from the constant battery of my script writing professors. If I was an infant the heroes journey was the colored shape blocks I was taught to put in the right slot. I digress. As a Film major the heroes journey was the first rule of writing I was taught. A formula not always perfect flexible in some ways set in stone in others. This topic made me dig through my own boxes of books to find a book I haven't looked at in years. Save the Cat! the last book you'll ever need on screenwriting. This book taught me my formula for the hero's journey. I found myself reading it over. Not too soon after I found myself rebelling. Looking into the nontraditional story telling. a rabbit hole for another time.

Comments